Monday, March 05, 2007

Who Am I?

First, welcome!

Next, let's address who I am not. I am not a writer. Many blogs are venues for writers to practice their craft, but that is not this blog's purpose. This is an online journal (of sorts) to record my family's "happenings". A future gift to my children.

I am not a terrific journal-keeper, so this is going to be a challenge. I've lost track of the number of journal writing assignments I've had to slog through during school, and consequently the number of marathon last minute, late night "Oh my gosh what have I done this past month?" journal entries I've had to write. Perhaps this technology will make it much easier for me because I can e-mail myself an idea whenever I think of it (no need to remember what I want to write that one time of day when my paper and pen is handy). I am hopeful.

And there's a segue to who I am! I am Nancy, wife of Mike, mother of 3 year old Clay and 6 month old Drew. I work full time in an IT department for a local performing arts organization. Mike stays home with the kids, and freelance web designs when he can. But mostly, he takes care of us. Which is great, because he is much better at it. Single Nancy could barely get her laundry done, and rarely cleaned her apartment. Married Nancy doesn't have to worry about it much thanks to Mike. (It helps that my standards are low. Plus, a messy house builds immune systems, right?)

As for the blog title ... what can I say? I like to read; my kids are my biggest project, and I don't want to screw it (er, them) up. Consequently, my house is littered with parenting books. My current read is The Blessings of a Skinned Knee by Wendy Mogel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! This is great. I might have to try it--well, probably not, but I can live vicariously though you doing it!

Love
rachel